Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

power king

patrician12

I was looking on ebay and a guy selling a Economy Power King tractor claims it is made by Snapper which is now Simplicity.Is there a relationship between Economy Power King and Snapper???I almost bought a Power King for my first tractor instead of my Allis.

The seller is a little confused. Snapper purchased Massey-Fergusen garden tractors for their heavy tractor. The 1855 Massey and the 1855 Snapper were the same machine. Whatever Snapper's reasons, they quit building these tractors. They began purchasing from Power King, and rebadged them as Snapper. Simplicity purchased Snapper in either 2002 or 2003. Pat

Tried to link you to a Power King site I got from Andy but came with 'error 404, page cannot be found'. Not sure why, it worked when I first bookmarked it.

Well according to this web site, Power King made tractors for Snapper at one time. http://www.serviceproci.com/prod02.htm Power King started out either in Milwaukee or Waukesha, Wi 50 something years ago and this gents web site is a real good example of the earlier ones, http://www.nmotu.com/. Over the years it moved a couple of times ending up as the Power King name in Beaver Dam, WI. They must have gone out of bussiness in 1994 according to the S/N list. I thought they lasted longer but as, you go get a little older, the clock seems to tick a little faster.