Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
rokon2813

John Deere Guys???

PatRarick
Looks like it belonged to a guy like we have around here. Always brags about his "Deere" farm equipment. He's well known for repainting any non-Deere equipment he gets, and applying Deere decals. Wouldn't be bad, but he actually seems to think that the green paint and Deere insignias make the equipment better. I think the most ridiculous thing he has done, was with his 1998 F-350. He has the sides, tailgate, and hood completely covered with Deere license plates, dealer signs, nostalgia signs, etc. The REAL bad part is that he attached it all with sheet metal screws. If you ever took them off, the truck would look like swiss cheese. Really helped the value there!! Pat

Allis_B12
Hmmm. Forest green, Deere decals, and running boards. Doesn't have much in its favor, does it? :p The JD hood behind the Simple trACtor you rescued looks familiar. Is it off a 300 or 400 series?

rokon2813
Wow Mike you might be onto something there. I thought there was something odd about the grill and runningboards. I just couldnt place the simplicity model. That just might be it.:D:D

Nick
quote:
Originally posted by rokon2813
picked up this JD 212 today. Doesnt look quite right to me. Can one of you John Deere guys help me out with this??:D
Now it's Ok to do that to a trailer but not the whole tractor. Now how many people would put that for sale in the paper as a John Deere never actually knowing it's A Homelite? Us Collectors would pass it right up reading the ads.