Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

John Deere Guys???

rokon2813

picked up this JD 212 today. Doesnt look quite right to me. Can one of you John Deere guys help me out with this??:D

Looks like it belonged to a guy like we have around here. Always brags about his "Deere" farm equipment. He's well known for repainting any non-Deere equipment he gets, and applying Deere decals. Wouldn't be bad, but he actually seems to think that the green paint and Deere insignias make the equipment better. I think the most ridiculous thing he has done, was with his 1998 F-350. He has the sides, tailgate, and hood completely covered with Deere license plates, dealer signs, nostalgia signs, etc. The REAL bad part is that he attached it all with sheet metal screws. If you ever took them off, the truck would look like swiss cheese. Really helped the value there!! Pat

Must be a John Deere tractor from the other side of the world.;):D:o) Might be a rare John Deere tractor LOL.;);) Karl

Hmmm. Forest green, Deere decals, and running boards. Doesn't have much in its favor, does it? :p The JD hood behind the Simple trACtor you rescued looks familiar. Is it off a 300 or 400 series?

[img]/club2/attach/rokon2813/mar20223.jpg[/img] Looks like the poor thing could use a good sanding down and fresh coat of BLUE and WHITE....;):D

Something like this...

Wow Mike you might be onto something there. I thought there was something odd about the grill and runningboards. I just couldnt place the simplicity model. That just might be it.:D:D

quote:
Originally posted by rokon2813
picked up this JD 212 today. Doesnt look quite right to me. Can one of you John Deere guys help me out with this??:D
Now it's Ok to do that to a trailer but not the whole tractor. Now how many people would put that for sale in the paper as a John Deere never actually knowing it's A Homelite? Us Collectors would pass it right up reading the ads.

quote:
Originally posted by goatfarmer
Seller probably thought it was a Deere.....
Is that was what it was advertised as Dan?