Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
dads707

Choices (7112 or 7014)

dads707
I noticed a couple of older Simplicity's sitting in a backyard, so naturally I stopped. No one home so I left my cell number stuck in the door. This happened a few months ago and I had given up on them. The guy calls me tonight and asked what parts I needed. I told him I had a 6216 and was looking for a heavier duty tractor. Which is the better tractor?? My 6216 has the 48 in. deck and I am spoiled pm that aspect. Would one of these (7112 or 7014) handle a 48 in. deck. If so my 6216 would be sold. I would like to have both but am running out of space. My guess is that they will both need work...

RayS
They should both beable to use the 48 inch deck. The old B 10`s couldn`t because of the mower hitting the back tires. But they lenghten the frames since then. You should be fine. Rays

gregc
Pat, I believe that Simplicity made another mistake in their literature. In 1978 the 7014S was listed in their literature as having 14hp, while the 7016H and 7016-6 speed were listed as having 16hp. All have a model 326437, type 0252-01 Briggs. I can't find a 7014 or a 7114 that is Briggs powered with a 14 hp engine. They all appear to be 16 hp.

dads707
Thanks for the info. While the mowing deck is important, I would also like to be able to use a scraper blade. I have a gravel drive that is rough. I don't think the 6216 with the Vari-trac drive would handle it..