Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Speaking of RARE stuff,,

dlcentral

Tow-Bee trailers and OEM generators pop up several times a year on eBay. They usually go for $500-$1000. SmilinSam doesn't think much of the Tow-Bee trailers. I have to admit they can't compare to a tandem car carrier type trailer, but I like mine for around town use. Never saw a Speed Jack on eBay. I had one once that I got with some other stuff but sold it because I had no use for it. Those are easy enough to make.

There is a TOW BEE in my town. Actually its across from my shop! What a tease! Buddy got it for free and wont part with it!! Nice trailer....I WILL GET IT ONE DAY! muhahah lol j/k but I will hehe. Just may take some time. I have the right tractor for it too! Nice restored B-112 or my B-1 would look damn fine on top of it.;) lol William Jordan

Generator.....

TowBee Trailer, though it's currently the wrong color....

This is the 540 rpm PTO, a cousin to the speed jack....

If the 540 pto counts as a speed jack then yes I saw one a couple of weeks ago that a guy puts on an AC 900 Series he takes to shows. Also there was one on ebay recently that looked like Kirk's. Here is a link to it: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2386979708&category=50370&sspagename=STRK%3AMEBWA%3AIT&rd=1

thedaddycat I really think you should share. I'll take the trailer or the generator for a while that way you don't have all the fun

Just saw a Tow-Bee trailer in Norfolk. It was hauling things from our local Menards. Didn't get a chance to talk to the owner. Kinda sad.

quote:
Originally posted by thedaddycat
TowBee Trailer, though it's currently the wrong color....
Kirk, Your trailer may not be the "wrong" color. The Simplicity version of the Tow-Bee was white. [img]http://www.simpletractors.com/images/new_in_1969/trailer_sm.jpg[/img]

Simplicity and Allis no doubt had someone make the trailers for them and paint to order. Mine is marked Snowco, and painted a faded light blue, near as I can tell. This is the one from Dan that will see some major repair and restoration.

The deck is made of perforated sheet down the sides and solid sheet in the middle. Here's a better look at the perforated stuff.

Toad, if you really want to play with the generator I'll let you come up and tinker with it after I get my other one back here.......

Kirk: Do my eyes deceive me or is that a Genessee Cream Ale "Pounders" (16 oz) case sitting in front of that generator? And if so, is it current? Thought they no longer offered the Pounders. But of course! This, in a post about "RARE Stuff"--brilliant! Ah...nuance.

Kirk the binder of A/C stuff I got on ebay has original lit on snowco trailer that is the right color for the ones sold under there own name

That GCA case has to be about 20 years old, I have a few other beer cases from back then too. They hold up a lot better than cardboard boxes and work great for camping stuff and heavier things in the shop or garage......

Kirk: No kidding! I have a couple of those 20-year-old GCA cases myself--they're definitely rugged. You know, I reread my post earlier, and you and I both missed the pun:
quote:
...case sitting in front of that generator? And if so, is it current?
If a pun falls on the ears, and nobody hears it, is it still a pun? :D

I saw a Tow Bee style Snowco about a year ago at a little dealer - was painted black over the light blue/green color. It was very rusty - the outer frame rails are kind of a square tubing, and they were full of holes and a screwdriver could poke through the other parts. Pretty sad - covered in leaves etc.. I am sure he would have sold it , but it just wasn't worth anything being that rusty. The hitch was all welded up and cobbled for a jack too. Oh, well - maybe a good one will come along someday. Tim

Here is that lit page front and back Kirk:) FRONT:p

BACK:p

How 8D is that? Look at the early B-10 on the trailer and a Corvair doing the pulling duty;)

Looking at the pics, I'd say that the Tow Bee trailer must be the 1146 because the tongue on the 946 shown is short and straight and it looks like it pivots from the front of the trailer bed.

Heres one I found on ebay [url]http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=35629&item=3667834991[/url] looks like a pretty standard ad to me, notice in the top right hand corner Jon's shows Allis-Chalmers, but the ebay one shows John Deere.