Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
Karl_Brandt

New tractor

Karl_Brandt
I bought this tractor yesterday. Allis Chalmers 608 with mower deck. This tractor was repainted by some one who does not like Orange. The mower deck is painted black.Still has the 8hp Briggs & Stratton engine.;) Notice the pop can filter.[:0] [img]http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/attach/karl_brandt/Hpim0138.jpg[/img] [img]http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/attach/karl_brandt/Hpim0139.jpg[/img] Karl

clyde
I looked at this several times and I think I'm begining to like the yellow too! Congratulations on your new tractor. Were the front bumpers on these originally chrome like the Braodmoors, or painted?

mowerman1193
quote:
Originally posted by clyde
I looked at this several times and I think I'm begining to like the yellow too! Congratulations on your new tractor. Were the front bumpers on these originally chrome like the Braodmoors, or painted?
I think the bumpers were painted on these...and on the newer model Broadmoors as well...

Karl_Brandt
I found out what was under the pop can...a tecumseh air filter. I tore the engine apart today and found the cylinder needs oversize piston & rings.The starter does not turn by hand.[:0] Wrong pulley on crankshaft...engine has a stepped crankshaft[from MTD lawn tractor]Carb & fuel tank had water in gas tank.[:0] I have a MTD riding lawnmower that I do not like,mowerdeck falls down when it hits a bump on the ground:(,drives to slow,etc. Engine from MTD rider is a good match for the AC 608.;):D:D Karl