Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

New tractor

Karl_Brandt

I bought this tractor yesterday. Allis Chalmers 608 with mower deck. This tractor was repainted by some one who does not like Orange. The mower deck is painted black.Still has the 8hp Briggs & Stratton engine.;) Notice the pop can filter.[:0] [img]http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/attach/karl_brandt/Hpim0138.jpg[/img] [img]http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/attach/karl_brandt/Hpim0139.jpg[/img] Karl

i like it,,,,,ya dont have to keep it original, those foot rest would look might fine on my 725 :) u got me thinking now :)

I looked at this several times and I think I'm begining to like the yellow too! Congratulations on your new tractor. Were the front bumpers on these originally chrome like the Braodmoors, or painted?

That's a nice looking tractor you have! I think it just wants to be an early b series allis foot dragger!

quote:
Originally posted by clyde
I looked at this several times and I think I'm begining to like the yellow too! Congratulations on your new tractor. Were the front bumpers on these originally chrome like the Braodmoors, or painted?
I think the bumpers were painted on these...and on the newer model Broadmoors as well...

I found out what was under the pop can...a tecumseh air filter. I tore the engine apart today and found the cylinder needs oversize piston & rings.The starter does not turn by hand.[:0] Wrong pulley on crankshaft...engine has a stepped crankshaft[from MTD lawn tractor]Carb & fuel tank had water in gas tank.[:0] I have a MTD riding lawnmower that I do not like,mowerdeck falls down when it hits a bump on the ground:(,drives to slow,etc. Engine from MTD rider is a good match for the AC 608.;):D:D Karl

• 2 weeks later...