Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Simplicity 3410 with Kohler won't run right....

yeoman

I have a 3410 tractor with a 10 HP Kohler engine and it won't run right. Does anybody specialize in Kohler engines that can help me? I have rebuilt the carb and cleaned the tank and fuel pump and it still acts like it is missing. Could it be a valve floating?

FiremanRon
Now lets all play nice now - it makes for a better day for us all in the tough world we live in - so if we help each other have fun keeping our tractors running and the lawns mowed nice we've done our good deed for the day and ALL deserve a big "That-a-Boy! :)

You don't think the condensor has anything to do with it do you? My brother unhooked one off of a Briggs and it ran bad. Since this is battery ignition, will it do the same?

stevejj56
YEOMAN, IF THE ENGINE JUST STARTED RUNNING BAD AND HAS NOT BEEN WORKED ON RECENTLY IT COULD BE A VALVE BUT MORE THAN LIKELY THE POINTS ARE GIVING YOU THE TROUBLE. BURNT POINTS WILL MAKE THEM MIS, OR THEY MIGHT BE OUT OF ADJUSTMENT. VALVES ONLY FLOAT WHEN THE ENGINE IS TURNING TOO MUCH RPM. I PROBIBLY WOULD REPLACE THE POINTS. THIS SCHWAB GUY MUST BE A BRIGGS MAN AND A #$#@% BECAUSE YOU (YEOMAN) DIDN'T SAY ANYTHING ABOUT SPECIALIZEING IN KOHLERS. I'M A TRACTOR PULLER AND I USE KOHLERS,YOU DONT SEE BRIGGS PUTTING OUT 50 HP. IF BRIGGS WHERE GOOD ENOUGH, THEY'D BE USING THEM TO PULL WITH INSTEAD OF ONLY MOWING. HAVE A GOOD ONE YEOMAN, STEVE