Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Super deal on eBay?!

lbeckm3

I know there is another forum for eBay postings, but I ran across this one tonight and thought this would be the quickest way to get the word out on this. There is a 16hp Simplicity tractor with 48" deck that hasn't been run in a couple years. It appears it is hydro and is in the New Jersey area. I have absolutely NOTHING to do with this auction, but the guy has a great feedback rating and here is the kicker - it has only 23 hours left and is at $26.52 in the bidding!! Dang, if I lived closer than South Dakota I'd be all over it. Here is the link; http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2388193031&category=50377 I only hope another member gets it! :D

That cheap it would be hard to go wrong, but something does'nt make sence?? Ran that good for that long, then it sat for 2 years. Anything that sets that long around here has weeds or something else blocking it from veiw. Besides, it don't even have a BVG. And whoever heard of a tractor with a vertical engine. Next thing you know the'll be ptting cup holders and such on them.

quote:
Originally posted by D-17_Dave
And whoever heard of a tractor with a vertical engine. Next thing you know the'll be ptting cup holders and such on them.
LOL!

I made the opening bid on that one (my e-bay name is claclair) and have been watching it. I suspect the price will climb in the last few minutes. But.... if not I might jump back in.:D

The guy selling this mower has got to be kicking himself right about now for not setting some kind of reserve.

quote:
That cheap it would be hard to go wrong, but something does'nt make sence?? Ran that good for that long, then it sat for 2 years. Anything that sets that long around here has weeds or something else blocking it from veiw.
It may have been sitting in weeds until it was dragged out for the photo. Notice how the front wheel plowed the dirt……… [img]http://i7.ebayimg.com/01/i/01/84/25/11_1_b.JPG[/img]
quote:
The guy selling this mower has got to be kicking himself right about now for not setting some kind of reserve.
Maybe the seller (or someone else) just wants it gone. If the seller cared about the price he would have at least blew the leaves off the deck, pumped up the tires, washed the tractor, got it running (if it runs), and took some decent photos in an appealing setting. As it’s presented now, anyone who bids has no idea what they will be getting. That tractor is only about 50 miles from me. I have no interest in it, but I’m half tempted to bid and try to double or triple my money just by good marketing.

I hate that sniping. I got sniped the other day on an MF10. At least it saves me a long drive.