Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Snooping around

sandyhillbill

I was snooping around on the internet today and came across "THE VINTAGE GARDEN TRACTOR PAGE" hosted by Karl Brandt and a little light blinked in the back of my pea brain. I went out to my cluttered shed and after about 15 minutes I drug out a ChoreMaster model-b one wheel garden tractor made by special products division of Lodge & Shipley of Cincinnati OH. The s/n is 17699 which could probably date it very close, but I figure it was made in the early 50s or maybe the late 40s. I have had the thing at least 30 years but never used it that I can remember. Will just add it to my little collection. Thanks karl for enlightening this old country boy from LA. Bill

This Choremaster one wheel tractors are very collectible now. I have seen these Choremaster's at antique tractor shows in the fleamarkets going for $175 cdn. They started making the Choremaster in 1947 to late 1956? I have about 4 complete and 5 with no engines and spare parts. Lots of guys at the antique tractor shows are driving them around with a sulky behind them.This is a picture of my 1948 Choremaster garden tractor [img]http://www.simplicityva.com/Image022.jpg[/img] [url]www.simplicityva.com[/url] Karl