Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
mbrook

My 3212V Project

mbrook
This is the 3212V that I picked up a couple of years ago. This past winter (hopefully its done) I finally got around to cleaning it up and getting it mechanically ready to use. The only part of the tractor that has been repainted is the seat latch, that needed welding, which does not show up in the pictures. The rest was some degreaser, steel wool, and alot of elbow grease. The before pictures....

The after pictures....

mowerman1193
quote:
Originally posted by clyde
Nice job, and with no repainting! I suspect "alot of elbow grease" may be an understatement!:)
I agree!Looks very nice without having to repaint...

mbrook
Thanks for the compliments. I have a few more bugs to work out and then I hope its ready to really work. The plan is that this will be my back-up mower, normal use will be tilling and snowblowing/plowing. As for the stack muffler, it is from a Cub Cadet dealer, I picked it up for $17 and some change. Its not much quiter but has a nice sound, especially when the govenor kicks in. The bearing greasers I got a Wal-mart for $10 I think, they are not the "Bearing Buddy" Brand but seem to work good. The size is 1.781" (I think), I would have to double check that. If you go to the "Bearing Buddy" website, they have a list of different sizes, they also state that you can pick up a sizing card at most marine retail centers.

mbrook
MPH, I finally got out in the garage last night to tinker on the tractor some more. Sorry I didn't get the info on the "short stack" sooner. As I said I picked it up at Cub dealer, I no longer have the box for it but the number stamped on it is this: 440 39384OR9 Hope this will be enough for you.