Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Front & Rear Lift......

wantedinct

I'm thinking about making the front & rear lift work independent from each other, and was just wondering if anyone else has done this.If so, how? Thanks, Eric

MPH- I have a right hand lift lever that I made. Works Great, but I would like to try and pick up my Yorkrake and I just don't see that happening without a counter weight. Right now I have a hydrolift and I was thinking of maybe using an electric setup for the rear. Either that or running another hydraulic cylinder for the rear, but I don't think the factory hydro setup would hold enough fluid for 2 cylinders. ~Eric

Remember that on a hydro. cyl. that moves both ways under fluid control( ie a double acting cyl.)both sides of the cyl. hold oil. When you stroke it one direction it pushes the oil on the low presure side back into the reservoir thereby replenishing the pump as you use it. The same applies when you reverse the stroke. The only diff. is the displacement of the diamiter of the ROD on the cyl. Which normaly does'nt amount to much. However I would be interested in seeing where you mount another cyl. in the thing as it's pretty tight in there already. Hope this helps, Dave.

I believe someone here in the club added a cylinder on the right side of the frame and connected it to the lift arm where the front blade hooks up. Just a thought. Larry

A while back I proposed that on a RBT tractor with electric lift that you could install the manual lift handle without the keys and have an independant lift on the left side for the front or mid-mounted attachments. That was right before a major change in the club computer wise and those posts are lost. About a month later Dutch built something like what I described, on a 7116 I believe. Try a search of the archives and Dutch's post might be there. I know of no reason this wouldn't work on a newer(7000/7100) tractor with hydro lift, but I am not too familiar with them as most of mine are older. I think the hydro lift handle for the older style hydro lift would get in the way. Maybe that would be true of the newer hydro lifts, too. Here's one that's even a bit farther out there for those of you who like the really odd stuff. Get a RBT with electric lift and rig it with both the right hand lift and an independant left side lift. Then you could have three lifts to operate besides the steering wheel and shifter or hydro lever....... LOL

quote:
Originally posted by thedaddycat
Here's one that's even a bit farther out there for those of you who like the really odd stuff. Get a RBT with electric lift and rig it with both the right hand lift and an independant left side lift. Then you could have three lifts to operate besides the steering wheel and shifter or hydro lever....... LOL
Kirk, I guess I’m one of those “who like the really odd stuff.” That's exactly what I did. Modified the left lever to lift either front or center implements. Fabricated a right lever to lift front implements. Added an electric linear actuator to lift rear implements. [img]/club2/attach/dutch/dl-seq2.jpg[/img] [img]/club2/attach/dutch/2holes.jpg[/img]

Dutch, I knew you'd come through!!! lol I tried several different searches but must have "Missed it by THAT MUCH!!" as Maxwell Smart used to say..... Now let me ask this as a "Practical Applications" sort of question. Is there any advantage in having both left and right manual lifts control the front implement while only the left controls the center and front? I guess the real question is this, if you have three controls, why make one control operate more than one position? If there is any advantage, why not make BOTH left and right manual lifts control the center position? Does the powered lift shaft still retain the ability to operate all three positions? The way I envision your set up is that the electric lift operates as normal, be it front, center or rear. The manual lifts on both left and right sides are "free standing" lifts, not affixed to the lift shaft at all. Is there any interference problem with the right lift and the normal lift shaft right side attachment point? OK Dutch, here's a new idea for you..... Junkyard Wars meets Monster Garage....... Right side normal sickle bar, powered from center PTO, cable lift by electric lift from standard lift shaft.... No Problem....... Mount a sickle cutter like Troy Built of DR walk behind on the front, powered by front PTO and controled by right lift lever... Not too bad, will take some figuring..... Left side you have to invent a mirror image sickle bar, cable lift, controled by the left side lift and powered from the rear PTO........ How does it go down there?? Fuggeddahboudit!!!!!! LOL ....... but if you did it, WOW!!!!!

quote:
Now let me ask this as a "Practical Applications" sort of question. Is there any advantage in having both left and right manual lifts control the front implement while only the left controls the center and front? I guess the real question is this, if you have three controls, why make one control operate more than one position? If there is any advantage, why not make BOTH left and right manual lifts control the center position? Does the powered lift shaft still retain the ability to operate all three positions?
Much of my tinkering seems to be works in progress. I try various combinations of attachments and lifts on different tractors. Once I decide which attachments will be permanently mounted on which tractor, I can then make the modifications permanent. Until then, I modify to achieve maximum flexibility.
quote:
OK Dutch, here's a new idea for you..... Junkyard Wars meets Monster Garage....... Right side normal sickle bar, powered from center PTO, cable lift by electric lift from standard lift shaft.... No Problem....... Mount a sickle cutter like Troy Built of DR walk behind on the front, powered by front PTO and controled by right lift lever... Not too bad, will take some figuring..... Left side you have to invent a mirror image sickle bar, cable lift, controled by the left side lift and powered from the rear PTO........ How does it go down there?? Fuggeddahboudit!!!!!! LOL ....... but if you did it, WOW!!!!!
I know you have seen these photos before, but for those who have not, here are “last year’s” configurations of multiple attachments. [img]/club2/attach/dutch/7010.jpg[/img] [img]/club2/attach/dutch/7012.jpg[/img] [img]/club2/attach/dutch/kirk4.jpg[/img]

Dutch on the pictures of tractor with hood removed, do you have two different types of clutches mounted, one appears to be cone clutch and the other an electric clutch. If it is an electric clutch, did you make the mount?

quote:
Originally posted by Ronald Hribar
Dutch on the pictures of tractor with hood removed, do you have two different types of clutches mounted, one appears to be cone clutch and the other an electric clutch. If it is an electric clutch, did you make the mount?
I had installed an electric clutch on the tractor (K-301) with the Sweepster, but the unregulated charging system wouldn’t support it so I installed the manual (snowthrower) cone clutch. I installed an electric clutch on the tractor (B&S – S/G) with the Weed Cutter. The clutch mount bolted right up but I had to make crankshaft spacers and bushings. On the tractor (CH18 Command) with the EZ Rake, I used an electric clutch from an Ultima (Magnum 20). On that I also had to make bushings, spacers and shims to position the pulley where I needed it while maintaining a .010” gap. [img]/club2/attach/dutch/k301-clutch.jpg[/img] [img]/club2/attach/dutch/bs-clutch.jpg[/img] [img]/club2/attach/dutch/kirk2.jpg[/img]