Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

re...choices

dads707

A few days ago I posted about some old Simplicitys in a back yard. The man told me one was a 7112, the other was a 7014. I looked at them tonight. He was wrong on both. They were 7114 and 7116. The 7114 had the engine in it, but sounded terrible when he tried to start it. It never did fire, but it was in such bad shape it didn't matter. He said it smoked pretty bad when he ran it last. The 7116 had no motor, it was in bad shape also. Two decks, 48 and 42, both were rusted. Two scraper blades. He wanted 800.00 for all. More than I wanted to put into them. I thought about asking if he would sell just the scrapers, but they will not fit the machines I have.

When you say scraper blade, do you mean a front mounted snow/dozer blade or a mid-mount grader balde? That's a lot for non-running tractors, IMHO.

Sorry, it is the front mounted snow/dozer blades. The tractors themselves were rigged up with wires everywhere, dented up and rusted. I will keep looking, one will turn up.

$800 you can have my running Landlord. I wouldn't pay over $100 each for a non-running machine even if they did have a blade. Picked up my AC314 last year (slightly running,just needed to be freed up) with a 42" snowblower never used and a front blade for $50

A buddy of mine has a 2010(may be a 2210? not sure of the numbers), running but no mower deck. I think I will try to talk him out of it. I was waiting to see how the "back yard mowers" turned out. Keep my 6216 (48" deck) for mowing, 728 and 5008 for tilling and leaf catching, 707 for sentimental reasons, sell the 4211H, or try to trade it to the 2010 (see above). Can't have too many..

Some people think there's gold in that there back yard.And you can never have too many.....;)

Yes $800 is a lot sounds like the Ad I posted the otherday about a B112 (16hp) and some old rusty attachments for $2500..