Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Repro Parts Pricing - headlight bars, hood bolts

RdW

A/C Tractor Fans, I am finally closer to having parts available and do have prices available! Taking orders now (no money required) and expect to have parts ready to ship out by about June 1st. Let me know what you want so I can be sure to get enough stock in house! *$35.00 - Headlight bars (original style / i.e. bent ends) *$30.00 - Headlight bars (flat bars - no bends / i.e. cheaper) *$ 7.00 - Original style "thumb-bolt" hood bolts *$25.00 - Set-0f-4 Original style "thumb-bolt" hood bolts *Hood bolts are steel, like originals, but NOT chromed. Other parts to come in the future... but for right now, the above is what is becoming available shortly... > Check out the web-site: [url]http://home.earthlink.net/~4d-farms/[/url] You can reply to this post or email me at: 4d-farms@earthlink.net Thanks for the interest! Randy @ 4d-farms@earthlink.net "In the rough - reproduction headlight bar, before prep & paint..." [img]http://www.simpletractors.com/club2//attach/RdW/Original_Headlight_Bar03bL.JPG[/img] >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> I am looking at having some parts made for my fleet of A/C tractors. By way of this posting I am attempting to "feel the waters" to see if there is any market out there for these parts (or other parts). Let me know if interested and how interested ($-what would it be worth?), and maybe I can get something going for all of us... kind of like a "group buy" of sorts. I am currently looking at getting the following parts manufactured (drawings out for quote), and would hope to be seeing some parts within 4 weeks or so (maybe around 04/23?)... * - Headlight bars (original style / i.e. bent ends) * - Headlight bars (flat bars - no bends / i.e. cheaper) * - Original style "thumb-bolt" hood bolts If this would work out, I am also thinking about the following parts, all just like the original parts... * - Wheel Spacers * - Loader Sub-Frame and Mounting Brackets * - Loader counter weight box (& mounting arms) I could also get other parts fabricated for mower decks, dozer blade skids, etc. ... Here is the deal: I have access to a CNC Plasma cutter on a 4ftxft table that will cut upto 3/8inch, and a water jet that is on a 12ftx12ft table for cutting the "thick stuff"! So, if it can be drawn up on a piece of flat steel, I know how to get it cut out. While the fancy hardware is not mine :(, I have the drafting skills to draw up the parts, send them via email to the cutters, and have parts cut out faster than I can drive there to pick them up.:D So - let me know if there is any interest in my "parts list" above, (and how much intere$t i$ there), and maybe I can get something going. Also, if there are parts not mentioned above - let me know that too, as if there is enough interest, it maybe worth making some!You can reply to this post or email me at: 4d-farms@earthlink.net Thanks for the interest! Randy @ 4d-farms@earthlink.net

Randy, Yes there is some Interest out there. As for myself I am interested in the headlight brackets. Right now the funds don't permit, but I will keep you in mind.

Randy, depending on the cost I would be interested in 4 sets of hood bolts, 4 light bars and 1 set of dual spacers.

I would also be interested in some of the items...Maybe this aftermarket stuff can drive some of the prices for these items down to a affordable cost... I can't belive people are paying $50+ for a light bar when its just a $10 peice of steel..and the same with most of the other stuff...most of it don't look to hard to make either..

I know there is already one member at least working on the headlight bars. They should be done soon. ;):D

what does the org headlights and bars look like? guy just last week try to sell me 2 sets.if i knew its something some one could use.i would go back and look again.said they came off allis chamler or simplicity.

Randy... I was also thinking of reproducing some of the parts you mentioned above, but because of work schedules and too many irons in the fire , those plans are are hold.(For now anyway). I would be interested in the bent style light bar/brackets, the hood bolts, and also something else you may consider....the chrome trim pieces on either side of the grill on the B-10. I'm looking into having a local shop make some out of stainless, but if someone else does it first, I would probably just buy from them. Dave

There may be some demand for the front and rear counterweights if you could make them. I'd be interested in a set of dual wheel spacers if the price is right.

• 1 month later...
I bet dual wheel spacers will be a big hit. I'd like a pair. It would drive the price up on extra rims.