Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

AC I-400

Dadsy98

Here's one I haven't seen before. Snapped these pics at a truck stop. The driver said it is going to Oregon. Anybody have some info on this model? It isn't a garden size tractor, yet it's not a full size tractor either. I wouldn't mind having one of these around^

I hope the pics are viewable. This puter at work is a little different than at home... Steve

I believe it's the industrial version of the D-10 or D-12. I remember seeing it and reading about it in "The Allis-Chalmers Story." Used it for highway mowing, etc., and I believe some were converted to forklifts. If anyone has the book I mentioned handy, could you please verify for me? DaveM

Steve If you will read post "Fixing The Dreaded Red X or Diskette" you will find the answer. A picture file downloaded from a camera and then upload here will generally produce the results you got. The reason is not all camera's insert the header coding in to the picture file that this site requires for security purposes. The solution is to down load the picture from the camera to the computer then open it with a photo program like Irfanview and save as using the photo program. The photo program inserts the required coding. Then upload the saved picture file to here. You can also resize the picture at the same time if the file is to big to upload to here.

The I-400 is an industrial tractor the were introduced in the mid 60's. They were " D based but with heavy duty front axle, hydrostatic front steering, hard nose, industrial tires and optional reverser."

Thanks Maynard! Strange though, I'm using the same camera for my pics for about three years now. At home I use Vueprint to massage my photos with no problems posting. Here at work I had to use MS Photo Editor. I'm thinking thats the culprit. (thanks Mr. Gates) I'll play some in the test drive area:I Steve

Those are a Nice tractor, My dad has looked at a couple of those like stated above these were an industrial tractor but I'm not sure on the model they were similar too...

He's correct. That is a D-10or D-12 tractor w/ the heavy front and nose. y the way, the 10's &12's were the same tractor sept the 10was a 1 row, and the 12 was a 2 row. so it's tough to judge axle widths by the pic. Either way that's a cool little unit.

Looks like the Speedway at 6&31,Steve.Great looking tractor,someone in Oregon is very lucky.

You're right Kenny, that's the Speedway in south Lapaz :) I told the driver to follow me home and help unload that one! Steve