Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
Boney

Spark Plug Wire Diagram, Is there one?

Boney
I have searched under" spark plug wire" and "spark plug wire diagram" and have not been able to find a diagram. i am looking for a diagram that will show me what is at the other end of the spark plug wire. i would like to change mine this summer and am trying to figure out if it is some that i can do. thnx for any help

PatRarick
What tractor and engine are you asking about? If it's a Briggs engine, chances are that you have to replace the ignition armature (coil), in order to change the wire. This would also apply to newer Kohler engines with solid state ignition. I've heard of some that have chipped out the epoxy that holds the wire into the coil, then replacing the wire with new epoxy, but I have never tried it. On a Kohler with battery ignition, the replacement is as easy as unplugging the wire and replacing it. Pat