Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
williamjordan

Wrong Orange (Case 446)

williamjordan
Just traded a MTD for a Case 446 with mower and tiller. Carb was apart. So I thought to my self no biggy..I WAS WRONG lol. Priced out a carb rebuild kit from a local Onan dealer. $390 for the kit. or just $300 for gaskets or if I really wanted $600 for the complete carb! Lucky me that the other owner saved the orginal gaskets. Also priced out points and condensor $50. I was aware that they were pricey but that bad. Also I had little spark and now I have none. I was wondering if there is any way that I can get rid of the points completely with out going with the $400 electronic moduel from Onan. Or I was thinking of putting a Honda in it. The pump looks to be connected by a normal coupling. Not to sure one the front PTO though. Or if anyone wants to trade lol ;) Thanks, William Jordan

rokon2813
If you can cross the part numbers over to Standard Brand or Blue Streak brand, I may have your points and condenser. I may have a book in the latest pile to cross them but havent found it yet. LOL

JimH
Bill, I just paid $65.00 for a rebuild kit for my Onan cckb. I thought that was expensive! I guess I got a deal after reading your post. Hopefully you can get the complete carb on e-bay. Good luck. Jim.......

slb04786
William, Here is a link I've been keeping in my favorites that may help you. I have another document but I believe it is on my old PC back at the office. I won't be back there until Thursday. If you want it let me know and I'll look for it and send it to you. It describes using your points to fire a TFM module from a Ford which in turn fires the coil. Less stress on the points. Eliminates burnt points, etc. Oh well here's the link I do have [url]http://members.aol.com/pullingtractor/ignition.htm#electronic [/url]