Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

How much is my B112 worth

lndscpr

Hi guys. I picked up a B112 hydro last year. I have decided to sell it because I need more commercial gear. Plus I have a nice 7114H. I need to know what a fair price is for this machine. The previous owner had painted it green and red to match his Mack truck. He even added a chrome mack hood ornament and logos. The machine comes with a 48 inch mower, 36 inch blower, 42 inch dozer blade and tiller. Also there is an extra rear end complete with tires and wheels. Paint is in bad shape. A few parts on the machine came from a Simplicity 3212H. It runs real nice. It has been repowered with a newer 12 hp briggs that sounds great. I don't see any leaks on the hydro and it runs good. Maybe a little bit of creep. The hood also has a small dent. Also, there may or may not be a problem with the battery charging. I need to look into that. Since this machine is not perfect I don't expect to get top dollar for it. However, I do want to get something reasonable for it. What do tyou think it may be worth. Machine is located in mass. oh yeah. I am taking offers. I will try to post a pic. thanks, John

I'm thinking in the $4-$500 range,with all the extras. That is a very,er.....unusual looking tractor,for sure!

The usual procedure to sell an item would be to find and set a value then advertise it for sale not advertise it for sale then try to get a value set by someone else. This item has been for sale in the classifieds for 2 days and I asked for a price before I saw the pictures reply was make an offer. you do not reputabley sell an item by playing one buyer against another by blind offers, that is done though an open auction .

You want to find out what you can get for it I'd say eBay it. If you have a price in mind publish it. That's probably the easiest way.

I have an AC B112 for sale. Looking for a reasonable offer Or I will ebay this machine. I saw this ad in the Classifieds.My first thought of the first sentence was that it seemed more like a threat than an ad. For the most part your item will bring what its worth when you ebay if you list it correctly and have good pictures and descriptions. If you don't know what its worth then you have to do as much homework as you can before determining a price.Have you checked the tractor registry on this site?I know I just added my tractors to the registry, that includes a B 112 with implements and listed the condition, purchase price and a picture. By the way,as you can tell by my user name I may be especialy intrested in a Rare Mack Allis Chalmers Simplicity Lawn Garden B Series Tractor With Attachments!! So how much do you want for the hood ornament? ;):D

Sorry if I was out of line with my questions. I just have no idea what this is worth with the bad paint job. I think I will but the Mack hood ornament back on a take a pick for you. It really makes the tractor! The person I bought it from was really proud of it. Was like a member of his family.

Mack, I have to go to the shed and look for the ornament. If I ever find it I will get a pic to you. I was told that a Mack enthusiast would know which truck it came off of. I think it is bronze or copper. Maybe the color of the tracot ris a clue too???

Mack, I did a search on ebay for hood ornaments and they are currently selling for $10,000. :-) If i find it I'll mail it to ya! Looks just like yours i think. I think these come from a certain type of truck. They would only shift if you were going the correct speed or something like that??? They would teach you how to drive??? SOund familiar?

It depends how hot everyone is for a green HB112. Thats a 3212H rear and seat deck. I see a lot of work to get it to the point my girls think its pretty enough to ride or for me to ride up to the country store for a coke. I have to drive past a Kubota/New Holland dealership.

The Tiller is correct for the tractor, but you really need the rear-PTO parts or it's really not worth top $$. The dozer/plow blade is wrong for that model (it should have the plow angle adjustment from the seat.) It looks like a good project for someone. Separate the tiller from the tractor and you should get decent $ for the these. As for the club motto, keep it running. I'd hope someone would paint it close to original...

quote:
Originally posted by lndscpr
Mack, I did a search on ebay for hood ornaments and they are currently selling for $10,000. :-) If i find it I'll mail it to ya! Looks just like yours i think. I think these come from a certain type of truck. They would only shift if you were going the correct speed or something like that??? They would teach you how to drive??? SOund familiar?
If it's worth that kind of dollars..I would be in the shed chunking stuff.Thats alot of tractor money to play with.:)

That is the correct blade for the tractor. It is a 42" snowblade that you got off of the tractor and manually turn. The 46" you could turn from the seat.