Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
ka9bxg

wonderboy 575 engine question

ka9bxg
I have 2 wonderboy 575 tiller stear mowers.1 has a B&S model 142302 engine and the other one as a B&S model 143302 Now from what I can find that would make the engines about a 1962 model year but I thought they only made the tiller stear one year 1954.If this is true how did 2 different riders from different parts of the state come up with engines that new and that close in model numbers? Bob ?

PatRarick
On the Simple trACtors site, there is information on 1959 and 1962 with nothing on the two years between. 1959 shows a tiller steer Wonderboy, and 1962 shows a steering "wheel" Wonderboy. The model number of your engine has nothing to do with the year in which it was made. That information is in the "code"(serial) number. The only difference in the model numbers of your engines, is the "design series" number. It can tell you if your engine was built before or after a certain date, such as when Briggs went from the "three leg" armature (ignition coil), to the two leg armature, but it could also represent a concurrently produced difference, such as a cast iron cylinder sleeve vs. a plain aluminun cylinder. Pat