Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
MPH

Fire wrench rust removal

MPH
Tring to clean up a set of,well rusted, front rims, I got tired of the slow effect a stiff wire brush in the peanut grinder was having on the pitted paint so I fired up the touch. Warmed 'em good and presto, paint and rust be gone, down to metal. Wish now I had taken a before picture.

MPH
Well, they look fit for my Landlord now. Figure I'll let 'em cure over night then in the morning I'll test compare them to blading snow with the hogs on, seeings how its snowing out yet.xx(

thedaddycat
Marty, I have the Snow Hogs on two tactors now(narrow and wide fronts) but we haven't had much but a little mud to try them on.... I'd be very interested in how the tri-ribs do by comparison.

MPH
Well Kirk, guess I'm disappointed [not really] I was hoping I'd be able to flip my U'y on the road at the end of the driveway without slowing down. Still have to back off on the gas. Now out here on my walking trail,

my snow drag, piece of 1 inch rock screen

I was very happy with them, the sno-hog been a pain at being grabby at the edges and sucking the front-end in, the tri-ribs steered real well out there.