Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Fire wrench rust removal

MPH

Tring to clean up a set of,well rusted, front rims, I got tired of the slow effect a stiff wire brush in the peanut grinder was having on the pitted paint so I fired up the touch. Warmed 'em good and presto, paint and rust be gone, down to metal. Wish now I had taken a before picture.

The heatting was more for the rust pitted paint then the rust itself. Good sticking paint Simpliity used back then. I wire brushed after heat.

Well, they look fit for my Landlord now. Figure I'll let 'em cure over night then in the morning I'll test compare them to blading snow with the hogs on, seeings how its snowing out yet.xx(

Marty, I have the Snow Hogs on two tactors now(narrow and wide fronts) but we haven't had much but a little mud to try them on.... I'd be very interested in how the tri-ribs do by comparison.

i wanted to get new rims for the front to put my rib tires on but they said they can't get them anymore.thanks i'll try somewhere else then.

Mike This is the part# I came up with for AC 410 16x6.50x8 Part# 1607133 Superceeded to Part# 1709961 WHEEL & BEARING Still available.

Well Kirk, guess I'm disappointed [not really] I was hoping I'd be able to flip my U'y on the road at the end of the driveway without slowing down. Still have to back off on the gas. Now out here on my walking trail,

my snow drag, piece of 1 inch rock screen

I was very happy with them, the sno-hog been a pain at being grabby at the edges and sucking the front-end in, the tri-ribs steered real well out there.

Just wanted to let you know that I tryed the fire wrench for paint/rust removal. It worked better than I ever expceted. Thanks for the tip! Elon