Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

New Ideas

Joer

Since the 75th Anniversary edition Sovereign draws mixed emotions, how about some ideas for the 100th Anniversary Model. 1. Tractor size: Prestige or Legacy 2. 20hp.+ twin gas with fuel injection. 3. Chrome tuned Exhaust pipe.Exit at back of tractor 4. two tone paint orange & white. 5. Flames or stripes for accent 6. Special S/N # to denote model, also dash plaque w/ S/N #. 7. Leather Hi Back seat w/armrests & air suspension. 8. Leather wrapped Steerng wheel. 9. 6-Pack cooler for non-stop mowing. 10.Alloy Mag style wheels. Chrome or Stainless. 11.Tachometer and complete gauge pkg. 12.Satellite radio w/ cd/dvd player and 7" foldaway monitor. 13.Continental Kit w/ front & rear tire pkg. This would also serve as a rear weight. 14.LCD lighted Running boards. 15.Internet connection for parts orders, & repair info from SimpleTractors...also not to miss E-mail posts.

I think they should remake the 700. As far as I can tell it's the frist Simplicity 4 wheel tractor. I would like to see it be remade just like the original. But thats just me. Elon

Perhaps they could do a "retro" tractor themed after the "round hood" tractors of the early 60's. The design could go away from the trend of lots of plastic and aero look. Make it all from steel and give it some style and character like they used to be.

Fuel cell powered, each wheel has its own drive motor, computer controlled for ultra4X4 traction, articulated, able to take all the early attachments

Joer, Don't forget a GPS system so you don't get lost and 0% financing for 7 years and a lo-jack system so when it gets stolen you know where to pick up the carcass ;)

Yeah...but would it be under $15000??? My local guy has enough 75th models laying around, he probably wouldn't touch the 100th, based on prior experience...

Simplicity could consider a "custom shop" approach that is used by guitar manufacturers. You give them the specs of the tractor you want, and they would build it (for a "small" fee of course). What would I like? Basically a Sov/7100 series tractor, but with differential lock, front and rear remote hydraulics. Painted orange with black and grey accents. 20 HP liquid cooled engine. Power steering with tilt and telescopic features. Of course...all of this at an affordable price...so yes I'm dreaming. Gord

A new 700 would be great, but OSHA would throw a fit. I wouldn't doubt that Simplicity would have lawsuits stemming from the "unsafe" design. Keeping OSHA and lawsuits in mind, I'd like to see an updated Pow'rMax. Put headlights on the front of the tractor. Add a cutting-edge engine from Kohler. Round off the fenders and sheet metal slightly. Paint it orange, and add a few small "100th Anniversary" badges. Or the factory could take the easy way out and just put new sheet metal on a Legacy XL. If they couldn't do that, I'd like to see a reissue of the last Sovereign. Nothing fancy like the 75th, just about any new Sovereign would do.