Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

lights

JJ MARSHALL

did any of the allis chamlers or simplicitys have a round head light bar? if they did what were they on?

i can seem to find the word cyclopes in the dictionary idon't know what it mean. education is a great thing i wish i had more of it .but i don't. i think a simple question deserve a simple answer. i just wanted to know about the light bar being round on any a/c or simplicity.

I know the early Broadmoors used tube type bars for the light brackets. Im not sure if they were the only ones though. Elon

Cyclops, the spelling was wrong....... In reference to mythology, the Cyclops was a creature that had only one eye right in the middle of his forehead. In reference to these tractors, the earliest ones only had one headlight that mounted in the center of the hood hence the nick name cyclops. The early large frames used flat bar stock for the headlight brackets, I believe. The Simplicity tractor on the left at the top of every page is an example......

JJ Marshall, sorry about the spelling, while i love education it doesnt seem to love me, :) try looking in the gallery maybe you will be able to find a picture of it there.

There's the hulk of a 725 down the road from me that has 2 headlites mounted on a tube type bar.Looks more homemade than factory,though.

thank everyone for your repleys. reason for my question was i bought 2 set of light bars today.1 set i knew would fit my b10 the other i didn't know what they fit .it has a round bar with 2 lights .it's look like it factory made. thank again.

thank again everyone for your replys i got the answers i was asking for. UCD replyed with a factory drawing of a simplicity broadmoor light kit mfg's no.334.it look like the one i have. thank again everyone. jj