Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Deck Height Adjustment

wasmeneh

I have a 4211H and I cant seem to get the deck height high enough. Cut this morning at the 2nd to highest setting and it was fine for a spring clean up cut but I like my Saint Augustine to grow taller. I don't think the highest setting will still be high enough. Does Simplicity make larger rollers? Any other Ideas? Thanks in advance Mike

When I had my 4211 I had the same problem...I took off the rollers and found several problems..first the shaft that the roller goes on was worn almost in half and the inside of the roller was worn real bad as well..Went to the dealer to get new rollers and boy did they look big setting next to the old worn out ones... Dealer wanted better than $100 for the new shafts for both sides so I cut off the old ones and bought some 5/8 bar stock and made my own to weld back on...When I finally got it all back together I was getting the 3 1/2 in cut like it was supposed to have when new...

I've replaced the rollers already and the bars are a little worn but not 1/2" worth. I originally put John Deer rollers on it and it was better(I just blasphemeed(sp), said the DEER word) I may have to go back to them. Mike

Well I really have to agree with you on the cutting height on these tractors...I like to cut at least at 3 1/2 in anf most all the older Simplicity/AC tractors max at 3 1/4 and you are lucky to get that much with one... I have been contemplating selling off about half of my Simplicity equipment and tractors and putting my old Wheel Horse back to work...Plus I wouldn't mind being able to see the garage floor and attic floor and shed again...Might be some good deals on alot of NOS stuff going on Ebay soon...