Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

B110 Comes Home - w/pics

PhanDad

After about 20 years, my Dad's B-110 that he bought new in the summer of 1968 has returned home. After Dad died and Mom moved from the "ole homestead" I had to chose between keeping the B-110 or Homelite T-12 (At the time I didn't know you could have more than one tractor LOL). So I kept the Homelite since it had hydrostatic drive and more attachments. Sold the B-110 to my neighbor, so it's always been close, and I've been the one to do the maintenance on it (eg rebuilt the BGB about 5 years ago). Now my neighbors are moving into a life care facility and have given me the tractor back. I plan to refurbish it some and ship it to my daughter so she can have PopPop's tractor. The pics:

Dad, It sure looks as if your neighbor and dad took awsome care of it. Also, my adoption papers should be in your mail box by tomorrow!! :DHave a great day Dad......

Ahhh.... Another happy ending! Or is it a new beginning?
quote:
Originally posted by MPH
She's looking prety good at 46.
Marty, think you've been up in that thin air just a little too long. 46? :D Pat

Chris, I "borrowed" the B-110's S/G this winter when the S/G on my Briggs repowered GTHL died. Took the broke one to the shop for repairs, but it's not ready yet.

Daddy also bought his girl a 42 inck blower and plow to go with it. Good to see it back in the Family.

That is one fine looking original B-110. A nice family story to go along with it , good luck in your refurbishing efforts.

Nice looking B-110. Knowing it came close to home probabally gives it a lot of sentimental value. :D