Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

PTO Pulley on Tiller Mfrs. No 503 for 12.h.p.

I am verifying that I am using the correct pulley "AY 164202 Pulley" from the PDF file on the Simplicity site for a Mfrs No 503. From what I see the pulley I am using looks correct from this manual, but a friend mentioned that I needed a smaller pulley. Mfrs. No 455 is the 32" tiller and that looks to use the smaller pulley. Does anyone know how to look this part number up? The pulley I am using is exactly the same size as my mid PTO pulley. Also, I am trying to figure out what the chain and other linkage is for... Any ideas? I don't see this described in the manual. [img]http://www.simpletractors.com/club2//attach/michaelg221/PICT0016_m.JPG[/img]

That should be the correct pulley for your tiller. The 36" tiller uses a 5" pulley while the 32" tiller uses a 3" pulley. The chain is for depth control. It should fasten in between the two irons with the holes (on the tiller hitch that point up towards the lift bar) for regulating how deep you can till. Pat

164202 PULLEY-05.000OD $39.89 For single belt drive Newer style 105176 PULLEY-02.900OD $41.34 For two belt drive older style I would use the one you have if it is a single belt drive

Is there a way to identify the model number of the tiller by "looking" at it? I have an old "round top" till from an early 60's simplicity and I have a tiller that is flat on top and has two angled flats that cover the tines (late 60's to mid 70's). Both tillers do not have model numbers. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks John H

That's pretty good! I just thought about this and ran upstairs to the computer to find this same answer, clicked on the club site and this is what I find. The answer was already in front of my face without asking. Thanks Maynard for answering and Thanks Michael for asking. The wife and I were just discussiing whats going in the garden tonight while eating sweet corn from last year.

Johnmonkey, My tiller is a "Mfrs. No 503 for 12.h.p." as shown on my Gallery Page: (see 3012 w/Tiller) http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/pop_photo_gallery.asp?MEMBER_ID=5312&M_NAME=michaelg221