Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

1975 JC Penney (Simplicity 7013) Manual?

RockyAcres

Hi, I've owned a 1975 JC Penney garden tractor that I bought new in 1975. It still runs and I've lost the Owners manual. I see that this site has links to manuals at Simplicity, but when I put in the Manufacurers ID, it comes back with no Match. Does anyone know what id I can put in for the 1975 Simplicity 7013 tractor so I can see if they have a manual I could reference?

Hey RockyAcres, Try these ID #'s, I'm pretty sure that one of them might be helpful to you. They are as follows: 1690232, 1690341, 1690342.

Garth Welcome, you should consider joining the club. It is $10.00 well spent. Kent has a picture of a JC penney tractor posted on the Simple Tractors site and is the only one we have seen. Yours would be the second and we would know who owns it. It would be nice if you could post pictures of it but you have to be a dues paying member to post pictures. 7013S MFG# 1690015 7013S MFG# 1690232 7013S MFG# 1690233 with 42" deck OPERATOR'S MANUAL - Baron 7013S 13HP Tractor http://www.simplicitytechpubs.com/6767PRINT/PDF_files/TP_100_3382_00_BR_S.pdf PARTS MANUAL - 42" Mower Deck, Baron 7013S 13HP Tractor, 48" Mower Deck http://www.simplicitytechpubs.com/6767PRINT/PDF_files/TP_400_221_00_BR_S.pdf MFG# 1690341 is a 7016 6 speed MFG# 1690342 is a 7016H

I would think the "large frame garden tractors 7000 & 7100" service and repair manual should work. It would be nice to see some pictures of that tractor. Your $10.00 is very well spent. John H

John, welcome to the site! Please do us the favor, and yourself the favor, of becoming a member. We would love to see pics of your one owner JCP tractor.. Dan

Hi! Thaks everyone who responded! I';; take alook at the manuals and I also took your advice and spent the 10 dollars for the membership!! It already has paid off with the image resizer I down loaded. I will post some pictures tomorrow night if all goes well!!! Again, thanks a lot!!

My brother also has a J.C. Penney 494, 13 hp. 1975 tractor. He also has an owners manuel. I could possibly copy it and send it to you. Send me an e-mail at: bob@myvcs.net. Bob R.

If these tractors read "Baron", then I just saw one of these for sale in CT with a plow. I didn't stop because I was hauling a trailer at the time. I may stop over the next day. I may be tapped on new tractors.

[quote]Originally posted by RockyAcres
Hi, I've owned a 1975 JC Penney garden tractor that I bought new in 1975. It still runs and I've lost the Owners manual. I see that this site has links to manuals at Simplicity, but when I put in the Manufacurers ID, it comes back with no Match. Does anyone know what id I can put in for the 1975 Simplicity 7013 tractor so I can see if they have a manual I could reference? [img]/club2/attach/RockyAcres/Small_JC_Penney_1.jpg[/img] [img]/club2/attach/RockyAcres/Small_JC_Penney_2.jpg[/img]

WOW That is a great tractor! Now I want one. Thanks for posting the pics. This brings up all kinds of questions. Did they also sell attachments under the JCP name. What years did they sell the tractors made by Simplicity/Allis Chalmers? Welcome to the Club!! Dan

They must have used really cheap paint on the frames of these tractors, I am getting one this week and the frame looks about the same way. Mine is coming from the second owner who has had it for less than a year. He is a good friend of mine and said he would trade me for a 700 series in the same condition. Oddly enough the original owner bought it without a mowing deck & instead bought a center mount grader blade. That is the only thing the tractor was ever used for as far as we know. That's also the reason my friend bought it and he won't give up the grader blade but that's ok because I already have one and can understand his reasoning. Dan

Elvis may live but he's looking more like Elton John! ;) (just kidding) LOL Now there's a horse of a differnt color now I'll have to train my eye to see bright yellow![:0]

"I wonder how many of those were sold?" At least 1250 of them judging by the ID tag on the one above. Which means we all should have hope of finding one.....

Gale: Welcome aboard and thanks for sharing the pictures of a great tractor. I to was wondering about the frame rust while the hood and seat pan looks so good. What color was the frame and dash areas to begine with?

Rocky thanks for the post and the great pics. Welcome to the club, you are now a member of one of the finest bunch of guy around. (Tractor Nuts). Remenber this is a very large site, and has a great history of helping other. As you will find there are many members here to help you with about any question you have. Enjoy. Dhardin

I noticed that all of these JcPennys are the 494 with shuttle drive( I'm assuming Robert Rainwaters is also shuttle???). Is this the only model they made or could there be a 10hp 3speed or 16hp hydro waiting for someone to find? I will see if the grader blade that came with my friends has a JcPennys serial number tag. Dan

PeppyDan,sent you an e-mail, don't know if my e-mail got through,please inform. Bob R. P.s. My brother's 494 is a shuttle.

Hi everyone!! Thanks for the interest in the "JC Penney" tractor. I bought it brand new from the JC Penney store in Olympia, Washington in September 1975. I bought it with the 48" lawn mower deck, the 36" roto-tiller implement and then a couple months later I bought a front blade for it from JC Penney. I have lost the mower deck and would love to have one. The roto-tiller attachment finally quit, last spring. The lower part rusted through where the chain is inclosed. I would use the tractor every year. This year I have some dirt to move around and the tractor with the front blade is a perfect size for the work I need to do. Ever since I had the tractor, I have been amazed by how reliable it has been. I've wondered why Simplicity doesn't have a bigger presence out here in the West. It has been such a good tractor, it seems I should see more Simplicity tractors and equipment out here. About eight years ago, I found a Simplicity dealer in Aberdeen, Washington and I even went down (about 45 miles away) and talked to them about a mower deck. They said their ditributor in Portland, Oregon may have one that fit and they would check and call me...they never called. Do you think I would have much luck in the classifieds for a mower deck and roto-tiller atttachemnt???

Dare I ask how you 'lost' a mower deck?. Shipping might be a bite to chew on but I'm sure you can come up with an orange or yellow one here. Are you sure the tiller housing can't be fixed? Maybe welding some new iron over the rusted area? Thanks for the pictures, next trip I make to Fairbanks I gotta look an ole boy up I saw using a yellow JC Penny tractor before I knew what newer Simplicity's looked like, the seat pan reminded me of my B-112, that all I remember about it.