Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

No Legacy XL ?

rs07

I went to the Capital District Flower and Garden Expo today, which is located in Troy, New York. There were several different dealers, including a Simplicity dealer at this show. I was surprised that they did not have the new Simplicity Legacy XL on display. There was even an area Simplicity Factory Rep. at this booth. They only just had literature on the tractor. This particular dealer seems to be "pushing" the zero turns. I guess they seem to be the hot thing going right now?

Lots of dealers want to sell what they have good support for. In my Area Leaf blowers or snow removal equipment is not a very big mover and so they dealships don't have much in that way. It would seem they would want to display what folks would come to see and the Legacy XL would be the thing . He lost those potential buyers and Simplicity lost a long time customer because those who did bring in small equipment probably sold them.

I know of one of two Simplicity dealers close to me who does have the Legacy XL and he's intending on getting a loader for it also. The Legacy is on display and it's pretty cool. The Loader control is built into the tractor dash so that it's easy access and control from the drivers seat. The seat is really comfortable and the tractor is available in Gas or Diesel. This dealer's machine was gas. Since the loader control is on the dash, there are two hydraulic fluid connections on each side of the tractor to control the loader. Hefty cost for the machine, though it probably can be justified by someone. I think it's $10K.... $14K with loader. Note, the loader is on backorder.

We went to a show in Hutchinson MN. and as soon as we entered the building there was a booth with a legacy XL with loader & mower deck & 4-wheel drive,3-point,27 hp Kawasaki. So you know where I went ASAP. They also sell John Deere but the dealer decided to bring the XL instead of the bigger Deere tractors. They did have lots of lawn & garden equipment on display also with the smaller Deere equipment. He sold 3 XL'S from the show and one of them is sitting in our shed! When we picked it up we also ordered the front mount snow blower for this seasons price before the high cost of steel increases the price. He has ordered more XL's. Did a search on Simplicity's website for dealers and called a few and had them fax me the quotes and the dealer in Hutchinson <224 miles from me>ended up being the best ^deal and he had it on hand. All the other dealers had to order what we wanted. The hydraulic joystick is really user-friendly^. The only thing is you can't use :(the joystick to run the loader & mower deck & 3-point at the same time. There is an electric switch to push for one or the other. Also the mower deck doesn't lift:( to high so you have to be careful when loading on a trailer or the rollers hit on the ramps when you start your angle off the trailer. I'll have to build some different ramps to go over the dovetail on the back of the trailer with less of an angle. No down pressure on the 3-point. It also came with 4 ply tires that look like a ATV tire and they work great:D. They put them on both the Deere's & Simplicity tractors. The loader doesn't:( lift as much as our 720 Allis being it is a little smaller framed tractor? Can't wait to hook up to the 6' cultivator <pictures in my gallery> and see how it pulls it. Might be awhile being we got snow again. It does seem to have lots of power and haven't used it enough to see how much gas it is going to use. We wanted the sub compact instead of going to the next size of framed tractor for maneuverability & tree limb clearance for mowing. Anybody else have any pro's & con's about this tractor?

Think you got the only one here so far Wayne. How about some live pictures? Been wondering if you got it home and working yet. You being a long time PowrMax owner and farmer, I;m counting on trustworthy, experienced feedback on this new machine.

Hey Mn Fish, Let me know how you like the new Legacy XL. I currently own an AGCO 2024D (Old style Legacy) with a 48" mower and 46" single-stage snowthrower. Which size snowthrower did you buy for yours?