Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  

3112H verses the 3212H

Does anyone know the differences between the 3112H and a 3212H? From what I see in the 3112H had a steal steering wheel as seen in this URL: http://www.simpletractors.com/simplicity/new_in_1969/3112.htm While the 3212H had a plastic steering wheel as seen in this URL: http://www.simpletractors.com/images/new_in_1970/sov_deck.jpg Does anyone know of any other differences on these models?

Kent
Unless I'm mistaken, the 3112 also had the unusual "flat, solid-center" rear wheels, instead of the curved, spot-welded type that has "half-moon" openings in it....

PatRarick
Not sure on that, Kent. I don't know if the double pulley started with the newer style PTO or if it was a later "upgrade" to that PTO. I've only had one tractor with the double pulley. All my other tractors with the newer style PTO had the single pulley, whether they had been converted or they came that way, I don't know. Pat

UCD
The 3200/B-200 series came with newer style center P.T.O with the two rib belt pulleys. (1 belt 2 V ribs) They then came out with a conversion kit to convert to a 1 belt 1 v pulleys. Mower drive conversion kit# 103275 (42" mower belt# 174364) Kit# 103274 (48" mower belt# 166172) My HB-212 has been converted. The 3300 series Simplicity also had this setup. The 3400 series Simplicity went back to single V pulley. There was no direct Allis chalmers counter part to the 3300 series Simplicity. The next direct cross In Alis Chalmers was the Simplicity 3400 and Allis Chalmers 700 series. This is all according to all of the manuals that I have.

I found that the sales pictures are wrong regarding the 3112H, I've confirmed that this machine and another 3112H came with that plastic steering wheel. I prefer the look of the steel steering wheel, oh well. I'm glad someone mentioned that I need those flat wheels, I have them and I will restore this with those wheels. Thank you all, if anyone knows of anything else regarding these differences, please append it to this. BTW: I am going to update the bracket discussion because I did end up getting the correct bracket for this tractor. I've assembled it for alignment and confirmed this works, next I need to make sure all the rods don't hit each other. That's the problem I'm having now. The rear lift rod is hitting the hydraulic cylinder, the emergency brake rod is hitting the BGB bolt, and the variable speed rod is rubbing on something. Fun, fun, fun. Goal is to have this running and driving again within the next two weeks.

PatRarick
Michael, the steering wheel may have been an "early model vs. late model difference. Both of my 3112's (an H and a V), both came with the chromed steel 2/3 circle steering wheel. Pat

PatRarick, Can you get me your serial numbers and maybe we can confirm this. I'll get you my SN and if it's a later number that might confirm this better. Do you have the flat rear wheel rims?

My 3112H is SN 002070. Does anyone have lower serial numbers who have the steel steering wheel?

UCD
What is your MFG# In my manuals the 990494 3112V manual lift and 990495 3112V hydrolift has the steel center 3/4 wheel part# 157113. 990499 3112H manual lift and 990500 3112H hydrolift has steel center full wheel part# 165078. The wireing diagram pictures and others in both manuals show a full plastic center wheel.

I have a MFG #990500. I've got the full plastic wheel (the center cap covers a steel keyed fitting which mounts on the steering shaft) and I have a faded Simplicity "S" center cap. Interesting so you're saying the "V" drives had the 3/4 wheel and the Hydrostat's had the full wheel? I'm not sure if you are saying the full steel wheel has some chrome/steel showing which mine does not.