Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Kohler Engine Starter

nrallen

Hi guys, I am wondering if anyone can tell me what the part # is for a Kohler M20S starter. Spec# 49500 Serial# 2518613786. I have found an awful lot of info about the motor itself between this site and the Kohler site, and tried a few searches. But I have had no luck with finding a parts list. Such as in the Simplicity Tech Publications or the Briggs site. any help would be great! Thanks, Neil

Sorry guys, after going back and reading my last question even I became confused as to what I was asking...What I am looking for is the part # for a starter to fit on a 20hp Kohler Magnum M20S, Spec#49500, Serial# 2518613786. Thanks again, Neil

The collection of Kohler Manuals on CD does not list a part number for the starter. I'll try to get a number off of my starter this morning if it can be seen while still on tractor.

. Before you spend all of that money make sure you check out the starter relay and cables real good. It's my understanding that the starter relay was a weak point in that circuit.

Thanks John, but there is no starter on the engine so I will need one no mater what other problems come up. Thanks again! Neil