Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Tiller Drive

beuce

Wondering if anyone knows where I may be able to pick up the 10 and 5 1/2 inch pulleys used on this tiller drive, part # 8 and 15: http://www.simpletractors.com/parts/tiller/tiller_drive.htm Called my local dealer and they said Simplicity does not make them anymore and I am having a hard time finding pulleys with such a big center hole... Thanks

If push comes to shove, get a Weld-a-Hub setup. Those are the seperate hubs and sheaves. They are relatively cheap. I keep an assortment on hand for repairs, experimenting, and retrofitting.

The Weld-a-Hub pulleys, as dutch suggested, are what I have used to replace those pulleys. Just drill holes for the bolts and you're good to go. Pat

I have never heard of Weld-a-Hub pulleys. I searched the internet and found the maker G&G Manufacturing, but their on-line catalog is not up yet. Where did you guys pick these up at? Local hardware?

Another place to try is an electric supply house. They have tons of stuff like bushings, bearings, and pulleys along with normal electrical supplies..... I got a 6" taper-lock pulley for my Sweepster at one here...

I found the right size pulley for my tiller PTO but what is the difference between 5L or B type belts and 4L or a type belts and witch one do I need? For my early B10