Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Rotary Cultivator

michituck

Hi everyone, I'm looking for a picture of an old AC/Simplicity cultivator. It mounted on the 3 pt. hitch and was adjustable. It had cutters something like a rotary hoe that could be turned in or out for better action. My father-in-law had one in the 70's and I haven't seen one since. I've started a truck farm and am looking for one or for a good picture of one. Thanks Scott

Scott, what you are looking for is an AC "Rolling Cultivator." I used to use one in soybeans for my grandpa back before no-till set in. They work great and are extremely heavy. They can be set to throw the dirt towards or away from the plants. My uncle has one, but I'm not sure he would part with it. You can still find them fairly easily here in Ohio, especially at farm consignment auctions. Keep your eyes open for sales in your area. DaveM

Nah that would have been just too easy. Where I come from it is a small farm that grows vegitables and trucks them to markets such as the Farmer markets you see around the country as well as directly to some of the larger restraunts.

Thanks for clearing that up for me and being gracious about it.As some one once said it just depends on what part of the country you`re standing in at that moment as to how smart you are.John

DaveM, Thank you very much. Been searching everywhere for the correct name. Sounds like the one I'm looking for. Thanks to all.