Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Dual Wheel Adaptors

mwells

Did they make 2 different lenghts of dual whell adaptors?? One for the B-1 tires and one for the B-10-212 tires???

Don't for sure Mike, but it seems like they would have had to as the B-1's had 6 inch tires and the rest had 8.5's

Besides the dual wheel adaptors, there is also a spacer used with the loaders to move the wheels outboard enough to allow clearance for the laoder sub-frame.....

In my parts manuals the adapter is the same part# 2025690 from B-1 to B-212 (three different manuals) B1, B10, B12 Big Ten PARTS Manual. B110, B112, and HB112 Parts Manual. B-210, B-212, HB-212 PARTS Manual.

You don't need the wheel spacers on the B-1 when the loader is put on it, but on all the other ones you had to have spacers. My problem is when you are puting the B-10 wheels on it the tires stick out to far for the bolts to get screwed into the holes on the dual wheel adaptor. Thanks

Mike, when you say that you don't need the spacers on the B-1, is that using 6" or 8.5" tires? I can see that 6" tires might clear the subframe, but I can't see how 8.5" ones would....

As far as the dual wheel adapters, there was only one length and it was for the 6 inch rims. If you needed duals on the 8.5 inch rims, you have to add length by bolting the shorter loader spacers on the end of the dual wheel adapters. Somewhere in a parts book, it shows these 2 adapters together to make the dual wheels on 8.5 inch rims. Also, I have heard this same information from a guy who operated a sales dealership for the Lawn and Garden division of Allis.

I was advised that you should not make duals using the 8.5" rims and should stick to the smaller rims (I assume that would be the 6" rims)--> Due to the stress on the axle. Does anyone else feel that's a wise move? I asked this once before, but no one really had a position on that during the past post. I've got an extra set of 8.5" rims and could make duals with those, but I'm not sure I want to do that.

Most of the damage I have seen on the rear ends has been due to rotating torque. Usually torque from letting the clutch out too quickly or chattering clutches; both are hard on the tractor and can crack the axel tubes near the keys. If you’re really worried about the outer tires being load bearing and causing damage, just reduce the air pressure in them. That is what Allis used to recommend anyhow. The later style rear ends would be preferred for duals because they have an additional brass bearing with the longer axel tube, but personally, I don’t think either style used moderately will cause any harm unless you drop it off the side of a trailer.

I've seen 3 or 4 tractors with the 8.5 tires on them, the inner one has 20lbs and the outer has 10-15. This is what is recomened in the manuel when you have a loader on it. If you were doing digging work with it the I wouldn't recomend having them on.

do you guys know how long the spacers are.i was going to put duals on my ac 410 but seen i couldn't do it.then i did a search and this and two other topics came up.in the topics they talk about them but don't give the measurements.can someone show me a picture and measurements of the spacers.thank you.

Put a straight edge across your tire that will be the inner wheel and measure from this to the face of the wheel where the adapter will seat. Then do the same measurement for the wheel that will be the outside tire. Add the two numbers and also add 1/2 to 3/4 inch to allow for clearance between the tires. This will be the length of the adapter.