Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

75th Soverign photo

arnoldir

Hey guys, Fresh off the trailer. To Kent, The exhaust header is plumbed as shown in UCD's post of the parts diagram in the "Hack or Art" posting. From idle to 1500 rpm the pipe makes noises like a small bore harley. However, since it's plumbed with a T it really does not blow exhaust it just makes cool sounds. It does not have power steering.

That is one Sweeeet ride. I have admired these since they came out. Bet your grinnin from ear to ear, I sure would be.

Your a lucky man Roger, I'm greener then the grass you'll mow with it. Not sure I could work one, just has a look of class.

That's a sharp looking "Hot Rod" ya got there. I'd check J.C. Whitney for the chrome oil filters for it. They carry a lot of them to fit motorcycles at decent prices.

Those things are Sweeeeet!!! I also would have a very hard time working one of those...If I did have one my neighbors would really think I am crazy...LOL I want mine to have a small block Chevy V8 in it though, Tim Allen style

A guy local to me uses one of those as a 'daily driver'. He only cuts grass with it (about 3 acres), so it herdly shows any wear at all after 4 summers. They are stunning to see. Nice ride! Tacey

quote:
Originally posted by arnoldir
To Kent, The exhaust header is plumbed as shown in UCD's post of the parts diagram in the "Hack or Art" posting. From idle to 1500 rpm the pipe makes noises like a small bore harley. However, since it's plumbed with a T it really does not blow exhaust it just makes cool sounds.
OK... the dealer told me that it's not really an exhaust, and that it was just there for show and to make it sound like a Harley... So, I guess I can't beat him up to bad, though I certainly didn't understand how it worked....

If I remember right there were 850 made. A little bit of trivia. There were 2 model MFG# for the 75 aniversary 1692889 18hp ohc hydro 1693148 18hp ohc hydro Export I haven't found the difference yet but I am looking.

Could it be something to do with exhaust emissions ratings? Peoples Republic of Kalifornia rated?

I'm considering taking the side pipe off and packing it away for safe keeping, and spraying a coat of clear chip guard on the running boards, the front edge and sides of the mower deck to keep the paint from getting worn off. That plus lots of wax on the rest of the paint, and frequent application of Mil. Spec. corosion inhibiter everywhere else. And of course booting some other tractors out of the shed so she never gets wet.

quote:
Originally posted by mowerman1193
Those things are Sweeeeet!!! I also would have a very hard time working one of those...If I did have one my neighbors would really think I am crazy...LOL I want mine to have a small block Chevy V8 in it though, Tim Allen style
I agree with Mowerman1193, Great looking ride.

what all colors do they come in ? I would like a yellow or orange with a big block chev or a HEMI engine. naw i'm to old for a hot rod.but i sure do like the looks of that one i use to have a 40 ford coup that look almost that good. < I SAID ALMOST >

quote:
Originally posted by CleanBee
Pat, That would be with the beer can holder on the left... right??
No, the TAP is on the right. The keg mounts on the left. :p