Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

3600 Ford Lights

TBOLT

My buddy left his tractor here for me to get his warning lights to work. The lights are on the fenders but thats it,lol. The tractor has been re-wired and a oil pressure and temp guage put in the dash and thats it. I think the wiring harness has just enough working wires to make the thing start and charge the battery.The fender lights have no wires, I was thinking of running the wires directly from the battery with maybe an in-line fuse. Maybe run the wire through a turn signal flasher some how to make them flash. Any better suggestions,will the turn signal flasher idea work?

It will work. My advice is put the hot lead on the switch so the lights shut off with the switch, that way nobody will forget to shut them off. Wire it like this. Come of ign. switch, use inline fuse or auto reset breacker of correct amp. rateing, go to light switch, then to flasher, then split to the lights. The key is to put the "load" of the lights through the flasher so it will work. Use a 2 wire flasher so both lights flash together cause if you use a 3 wire and flash them alternatly someone might get cofused at a funny turn signal and hit him. lol but this actually happened.