Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
wasmeneh

Deck wheel inside diameter, 4211H

wasmeneh
I'm thinking of cutting off the wheel supports on my deck wheels and welding some new ones on since they are worn. I may add about a 1/2 inch to allow my cut height to increase. Any Idea what the inside diameter of the wheels are, looked at the parts manuel and can't quite tell, looks like maybe 5/8". Thinking of just buying some 6-61/2 " bolts and just weld them on. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks in advance Mike

mowerman1193
Thats what I did to my 4211...Cut the old ones off and welded on 5/8 bar stock...Worked great and much cheaper than new axles...I drilled a hole in each side to put cotter pins in to hold the new rollers on..

wasmeneh
Mowerman, I think I'm going to replace the axels with 5/8" bolts. I'm going to weld a bushing on the bottom and let the bolt pass through. This way one wheel will be held on by the bolt head and the other by a bolt with a nylock insert. My only issue is how much extra length I want to add. Maybe about 1/2-3/4". I may reinfoce the bushing by passing it through some bar stock I have and then weld the whole thing on. Should be plenty strong that way. Maybe not as pretty as new but should work. Mike