Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

parts interchange axle tube from B-112 to B-12

dlcentral
Someone I know owns a Simpicity-Ac dealership and when I asked him the question his reply was that they are the same. But at the same time he asked me why anyone would want to take a chance and put a used one back in a tractor after all of the work involved. His concern like myself is whether or not the used tube has any stress crackes or any wear in it. There isn't really an inexpensive way to check for the stress crackes to really make sure that the work you have done isn't going to have to be done over sometime soon. I forgot to ask what a new one cost but I think the last one I bought was around $95 but I can't be sure. I know it sounds like I am trying to talk you out of it but just bringing up some things you may want to concider if you havn't already. One more thing are both transmissions the same if not this may change things. Please as always anyone feel free to correct me if I am wrong. Best of Luck, >>->happyjack<-<<

I have a model B-12 with broken axle tube and I need to know if a tube from a B-112 will enterchange if anyone knows the anser please reply.