Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
Charlieson

B207 vs. 727

Charlieson
I have recently come across a B207 and a 727. The 207 is physically sound with no rust, but the shroud is missing off of the engine. The 727 looks rough, is missing the pulley off of the rearend, but the engine runs. I am thinking of pulling the motor off of the 727 and put it on the 207. The 207 has been painted a lovely shade of blue, which would require a lot of sanding time. My problem is I cant do both, but which one"?

I like both. Practical and restored to original. I did like the Allis B10 with the black wheels.

TomSchmit
The tractors are similar enough for you to mix-and-match! Just switch the front/rear combination to make a working tractor, then clean & paint the other one. When you have it the way you want, switch it back. The motors are also completely interchangeable. They are great little tractors! The main difference between the two (besides the hood/grill) is that they have different transmissions. But even thought the actual tranny is different, the assembled rear end can be switched (you may need a slightly longer or shorter drive belt, I am not sure). Tom

mowerman1193
Tom, the 727 came with the three speed..One plus for the Simplicity is that it has a rear PTO shaft to mount a pulley for a tiller or revitalizer...The 727 was the first year for the 3 speed Broadmoor...