Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Is it time yet?

mongson

Is it time yet? Temp has been moderate as compared to freezing here in sunny Fort Wayne, In. Is it time to start de-thatching, fertilizing, rolling, aerating, tractoring yet?

you bet it is. well at least it is down here in N.C. i know it warm up faster here then there.but i think spring might have sprung.i hope so.i've got a b10 i took apart and sand blasted.i got it all hand sanded and primed.need to paint it all. and see if i can remember how to putted back to gather.AND DO SOME TRACTORING.

Its about the same here in Celina Ohio Mongson. JJ I hope you can post some pictures of the B10 when its finished

I don't think a mild freeze or frost will affect any of those tasks once the ground is completely thawed.

Alredy been tractoring:D Used thr 725 with tiller the other day. Tried out the plow and blade, just gotta wait till the ground dries up again and it stops raining.

Plowed the garden and mounted the mower. Using it to grind things up. Third tractor pulling the hand tools.

I rolled my yard last weekend. This weekend I will aerate and fertilize my yard in Middle Point, Ohio.

Still Snow in the yard & garden:( The temps have been 40 to 50s during the day and upper 20s at night. Won't be long???

I used my revitalizer last weekend to dethatch and to start some new grass. I also put down a crabgrass preventer.

Just took off the snowthrower (never used it!) and pulled the lawn roller around today. Dug out the deck and gotta check the belt, sharpen, etc.

Almost time here. I got to wait till the ground dries up to get the tractors on the lawn.Then comes raking all those branches that fell down over winter......and then comes lawn rolling. My nephew likes this part the most.:D Right now I'm working on some of the fleet now.:D Just fixed the steering on the AC 919H,new ball joint.;) Working on the Deutz-Allis mower deck....new bearings.;) [url]www.simplicityva.com[/url] Karl

Picked up sticks out of the yard with the 2210 and trailer, rolled the lawn with the 3212H, put the tiller on the B10, took the snowblower off of the 917 and put the mower deck on it. Got rid of a parts 712H to vfd702.... one tractor away from being RBT free....;):D

Put a head gasket on the B-1, mowed the yard with the Sovereign, and then tilled the garden with the B-1. Lovely day in E. Tennessee.

I plowed the garden last week with my 3212v. Sharpened the blades on the deck and installed it on the 3416h. Mowed and spread weed and feed on the yard. Sprayed apple trees and fertilized them. Dont know why I fertilize. Just causes the grass to grow and makes more work for me. ddh

Cut grass about a half acre near Peru, Indiana, did not need it just wanted to play. I quit because it was to cold. Bob

Still burning wood here to stay warm.At the rate that it is going here I might get the mower out in a month.I am hoping to get some fresh stuff in the garden soon.Freind down the road hauls about 6 ton a load so 2 loads should do fine. Then I get to take the plow out and work it in. I HATE WINTER.Bob

26 degrees in western NJ last night, with snow in eastern PA. I knew there was a reason I left the blower on the 6116.

Time or not, I did it. I dethatched then I mowed. I guess I started something because one by one all of my little cookie cutter neighbors came out of their cookie cutter houses and started mowing with their big box store lawn mowers and tractors. I hope to areate, fertilize and roll this week. Let the season begin!

@#&% SNOW!!!}:). Last few weeks have been nice, sun and 50's+. Last few days have been unseasonbly cold and crappy. 4" of white shtuff last night, enough for the road crews to salt up what the rains have washed away. Guess I won't be getting the old cars out for another few weeks.:( But the tractors are always going!!! The HB-112 has been grading, but is getting ready to till, the 110 has been pushing dirt for backfill pushing and stone in the driveway. The '99 Sovereign is going to be set up to mow this week, instead of sitting around with a blower on it. After it warms up, I need to get a new seal in the 700's point shaft, and do a little carb work on the 725. Then I need to get the Vanguard out so I can send Nubian a pic. of it mowing. Finally, I have to fix the wiring on the Homesteader 8 so I can find a use for it! THEN, I will be all kinds of TRACTORIN'. :D:D8D^. Rob

Felt it my duty too cheer some of you northerns up a bit.

this piles has dropped about a foot in the past two days