Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

B Series Front Weight Bracket

Mack

This was an easy bracket to make.It may look flimsy but it was welded first with 6010 rod then topped with 7018 rod so it is quite sturdy.My apologies to the real welders out there.;)

Looks good and can certainly accommodate a hefty load. Does the design keep the suit case weights from sliding off the sides (I'm envisioning bouncing around a corner)?

I made a similar rack for my 61 Wards when we were tractor pulling. It works great. Very easy to make. I have some of those suitcase weights, but also made weights from steel plates with a slice of angle iron welded to the corner for a hook. Never had one bounce off. Used a rubber bunji cord to make sure.

Nice simple looking bracket. Where'd you score the suitcase wts? What the size of them, just in case I see some good chunks of plate steel laying around.

Marty, The ones that I have were 43 lb. suitcase weights sold by John Deere. They put out a sale catalog a few years back that listed the price of the suitcase weights as $16.95 each. I bought four. The catalog price was a misprint but the local dealer sold them to me at that price even though he was losing money on them. He then destroyed the remainder of his sales flyers. They normally sell for about a dollar per pound.