Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

20 Bucks worth

MPH

On my way outta Fairbanks today at 1:30 pm, decided to swing by the auction house since it was Friday and see what the 'farm equipment' I saw in thier add was. Well, I stayed in the city til 8:30, knowing it mght be a long time before I see 'junk' like this on an auction again.

One guy looking at it all 'knew' the real mower was built by Toro. I didn't know nothing, just learned it all stuffed in the van for 4 dollars each. The cultivator I quitly knew was Simplicity except my hat gave me away,and also the sickle mower, with 2 inch rock gaurds, the furrower might be home made, and the rinkey dink little blade might be helpful in figureing out which walker these were made for. I found a Simplicity style sticker id tag, 2/3's peeled off, so in my pocket it went. I can read wards on it and Modelsomething-5632A Serial # 76. My bright spot for the trip

Nice find and great price too, I'm sure not many folks are thinking about mowing this time of year up your way. Does the auctioneer always leave stuff out like that? Our local guy used too, It pissed alot of consigners off and shortly later he went out of business. I bought alot of stuff really cheap (like prices you paid)to sell on ebay, and made a decent profit.

Now that's a pretty neat score Martin. Thats a good collection of equipment to play with. Well worth the time and money spent. I'm told it cost nearly that much just to go to a movie today, and it's no where near as entertaining.

That mower will fit most of the walkers the only one that I don't know about is the model W.They will also fit the midland tractors.I have 3 of them here from differnt tractors.That toro mower would be great to have if the blade is sharp or you know someone that can sharpen it for you.Good luck on the find.Bob

Been nice if Simplicity had copied this idea way back when.

The right side tire/gearbox doesn't turn, hoping its just got ice in it, but as beat as the reel is, looks like it was a rock mower, not sure it really maters. The cultivator is only 261/2 inches center to center on the outer shovels, seems narrow even for the 725 with 6 inch tires which I think is 34ish. How wide are the tractor ones any of have? Thought occured to me to mount the mower on the front with the belly mount on also, could cut 66 inches then. Again, being narrower then the tractor, think its mostly for spare rock gaurds. John, don't think you can go to movie up for 20 bucks and have a drink and popcorn. Last one I went too was about 10 years ago and it cost me that. Meant so much too me I don't remember the name of it. Nick, I don't think this guy does much cosignment, least not on the little junk, which is 99 percent of what he has.

Marty, Marty, Marty..... Think you got took. I feel so bad that I'll give you $25 for the pile, delivered to MN. ;) Nice score! Pat