Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
patrician12

Another 540 pto question

patrician12
Thanks for the belt info and i have one more question.I never had a rear implement before for my tractor.On the bottom it is attached with hitch pins and hair clasps but how is it bolted to the top?Does it slip over stationary bolts or does it actually get bolted?

PatRarick
It hooks over the rear lift shaft, like the vac does. There was a "dummy shaft" that you needed if you didn't have the rear lift. Since you are asking what it hooks to, I am assuming you have no rear lift or "dummy shaft". If you have an older tractor with 3/4" holes on both sides of the rear lift mount, you can use a piece of 3/4" shaft and drill the ends to install the shaft with cotter pins. If you have the larger hole on the right, you will need the bushing for that side. Pat

UCD
quote:
Originally posted by PatRarick
It hooks over the rear lift shaft, like the vac does. There was a "dummy shaft" that you needed if you didn't have the rear lift. Since you are asking what it hooks to, I am assuming you have no rear lift or "dummy shaft". If you have an older tractor with 3/4" holes on both sides of the rear lift mount, you can use a piece of 3/4" shaft and drill the ends to install the shaft with cotter pins. If you have the larger hole on the right, you will need the bushing for that side. Pat
A piece of ¾ steel rod the right length and one locking collar and one stepped locking collar.