Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

WARNING!! Hitch and Grader Blade

john-holcomb

I put my hitch and one of Dutch's blades on my 3410 threw on a few weights so that the tractor and I were at about 1500, left the cross bar chains on the ag tires and set out to play. With the rippers down my gravel drive was a breeze. How Cool!! The neighbor stopped by and I said to Dave I was just going to your house to try my grader out on those nasty holes of yours. Dave says I'll meet ya at the end of the drive with a beer. Long story bearable, Yes the teeth on that grader blade will cut limestone and fines that have been packed for 8 years.Yes you can stand on the blade and pull up on the steering wheel and roll material thats as hard a cement. Warning!! do not do this is you are over 50. I now have one knee thats the size of a volley ball and a hip that hurts like the devel. I think its time to look into hydraulics, or cut back on my fun a little.?8)

Thanks for the warning John. Hope you heal up real soon. We'll just have to take more of our fun sitting down.;)

I know the feeling, i lifted my Landlord deck up onto a set of saw horses and did a number on my back. I found some where the deck weighs some 100 pounds. yes im 50 also.... Get well soon, the weather is geting to nice to be laid up.

Hope you heal quickly John. But hey, don't give up because your over 50, just put your grader blade on a tractor without them ther things in the way for your feet and you won't have stretch your hips into a bull-legged position and push on your knees so sideways.

John, Soak in a tub of hot water and epsom salts and in no time at all you'll think you're 49!I wish i were 50.I've already been there and done that.I have learned over the years to try and use some kind of aid when lifting since i have an extra vertabrae in my back, i can exert alot of extra pressure there, and it hurts,but,since we are what we are,we will abuse our bodies.What we all need is a few clones in storage to use when we need some extra hands or help. Hey,wouldn't that be great!I'll take at least four! Hope you get well soon John.

quote:
Originally posted by john-holcomb
Dave says I'll meet ya at the end of the drive with a beer. Yes you can stand on the blade and pull up on the steering wheel and roll material thats as hard a cement. Warning!! do not do this is you are over 50. I now have one knee thats the size of a volley ball and a hip that hurts like the devel.
What should I not do? Stand on the blade and pull? Or the Beer?:D:D Hope that knee gets better soon.

Mount a barbell on the blade. You won’t have to stand on it. The hydro lift is the way to go if you’re doing the job yourself. But why put unnecessary strain and hours on a nice tractor? I mounted a grader blade on an old clunker and let my wife operate it. She complained that her arm was sore, so I installed a longer lift handle. Then she complained about her back, so I installed a high back seat. Now she complains about her knees too. It just goes to show, it’s always something................... [img]/club2/attach/dutch/weights.jpg[/img] [img]/club2/attach/dutch/1st-run-1.jpg[/img]

quote:
Originally posted by MPH
... just put your grader blade on a tractor without them ther things in the way for your feet and you won't have stretch your hips into a bull-legged position and push on your knees so sideways.
:D:D:D:D:D:D