Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

917 Shuttle

arjr111

I have been talking to a fella about a 914 Shuttle, engine has be changed to a 17hp Kohler, he says it runs real good. Pics look pretty good. Asking $350. Problem is the tractor don't move. Before I drive umpteen hundred miles.....what would be the easiest/best way to check the shuttle transmission to see if it is keplumkt?

Not sure, but for the cost of a transmission, I would get it even if it was gone. The engine and frame is probably worth it anyways, If it dont move when in gear, and the input pully is moving, I guess its done. But maybe just the BGB is gone?

Art Could be a slipping pulley, Key missing in a pulley or on axel shaft. could be broken axel etc. The only way I know is if the guy could tell you what is moving and what isn't. But I would think for the price or if you can dicker him lower (unknown repair cost) it would be worth buying. With the knowledge and info available here you should be able to get it fixed.

Thanks guys, I am very tempted, but I have too much on my plate right now, and would be lucky to get a running one past the Missus! Here is a link to the pictures. I can also forward larger images via email. [url]http://www.geocities.com/arjr111/photopagespiral7.html[/url] The machine is in Flemington, New Jersey, he is asking $350, and says he has a couple of parts tractors, too. Anyone that is interested can PM me for his email addy.