Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
simplicity707

carburetor air cleaner

simplicity707
I just got the air cleaner to my 7H.P. engine. The problem is, I don't think it's all there. All I got was a round black cover with a sticker on it. It don't sit on there. Is there another piece that I'm missing? Could someone who has one post a pic. of one so I could see how it goes on? I'd appreciate any help. Also, i'm missing the long bolt that holds it on as well. Thanks

ehertzfeld
if you go to the briggs site you can enter your engine info. There you can view a PDF file on the engine. it should have the break down of the entire engine and part numbers. Take some time and research that site, lot of info if you look carfully. Its not the easyest site to navigate. Good luck Elon

TimJr
707 Broadmoors with the 170702 0123 engine had a round air cleaner - a paper one is available, otherwise didn't they originally use a mesh spacer and foam for the element. The 7hp shown above is like what a 717 uses - a 171702 engine has the flat foam filter. A good Simplicity dealer should be able to help you out with diagrams and parts.

simplicity707
Yup, thats the kind that I have. It's round and has a long bolt that goes through the carburetor to hold. I was wondering if they even still made an element to go inside of it.

TimJr
I think only the 6hp was oil bath. Can't remember what mine is like - tractor is in storage awaiting a good going over. I remember my dad's 707 had foam, then paper element in a round housing - a factory Briggs paper cleaner fit it.

simplicity707
I think that this is suppose to have something like a foam housing and then paper in the middle as described above. I wouldn't have a clue though 'cause I've never seen one like this b4.