Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
Agricola

Fuel Gauge Lens

Agricola
If I were to make a new lens for my fuel gauge, does it need to be curved out or would a flat piece of plastic do the trick? I have recently picked up some nice clear plastic that can be cut with a good pair of scissors and will be checking to see if it harmed by gasoline. If not, I was wondering if it would make good replacement lenses for our tank mounted fuel gauges.

Tom_Byrne
I seem to remember a post where someone used the curved bottom of a plastic peanut butter jar- cut the plastic to shape with a little sealer on the edges and your in business.

Nick
quote:
Originally posted by Tom_Byrne
I seem to remember a post where someone used the curved bottom of a plastic peanut butter jar- cut the plastic to shape with a little sealer on the edges and your in business.
That was Dutch.

IronPony
I did the PB repair and it only takes about 20 minutes and works great. I posted a pic of the finished repair last year. Do a search and you will get more info than you need. Dan Here you go, I did the search for you just click on this link. http://simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?ARCHIVE=true&TOPIC_ID=14281&SearchTerms=gas,cap