Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Back home with the 9020

Titan

Yes, I did buy it. The tractor is very nice. The deck is in good condition as well. It has some minor rust that will need to be sanded off and repainted. The tiller has quite a bit of surface rust from setting outside. It has recently had the tines and depth shoes replaced though. I'll be selling the 48" rear blade at some point. Pictures may be seen in the Simplicity album here: http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/AlbumList?u=3010836 I've also included three pictures of the 4041 in there. I presently have the engine out of it because the bolts between the lower crankcase and the block worked loose, causing quite an oil leak. I will also be repairing the charging system while the engine is out.

Those are great pictures Titan.I sure am glad you posted those close ups of the engine.Mine is missing the battery cover and the guard behind the muffler,now i know what they look like so if i can't find them i can fab some.Your 9020 looks pretty good.Did you build your own home and building? What part of the country you live in?Enjoy your new machine.:D

JMAC, I would be willing to post additional pics of those two items if it would be helpful to you. I could also take some measurements. I had contractors build my house and barns. I live in Northern Ohio, about halfway across the state. After posting this afternoon, I went outside, removed the tiller, put on the mower deck, and mowed the back yard. Everything seemed to work great!

quote:
Originally posted by UCD
Titan Please update your profile as per club rules.
Whoa! We have profile rules? I gotta find something else to b***h about? :D Back to the dumb ol' weather, I guess.

Kevin, welcome to the club. Congratulations on your purchase. I have an AC 620, same as your 4041. They are fun machines. The charging systems on these machines can be tricky, so be sure to check everything. We have some excellent expertise on this site. You will get the help when you need it. Jim.........