Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

AC Serial # 038648 What is it?

PaulS

I have an AC early lawn tractor and want to find ou what model and year it is. Can anybody help? Thanks in advance. Paul S

Don't know if B-1s had a serial number. Early B-10s had serial numbers starting from 1. Later B-10s had #s in excess of 50,000. B-12s had a relatively low volume. It could also be a Big Ten. If you have a tractor with a squared-off hood, it would be a B-110, 210, 112, or 212. If you can identify the model, type, and code numbers of your engine, the tractor can be identified, provided it has the original engine.

Since the literature says that serial number 50001 is a Big Ten or late B-10, that would leave me to believe it is either a B-1 or an early (9HP) B-10. Those two are easily differentiated. If the engine is original, and it's a Model 19 it's a B-1, if it's a Model 23 it's an early B-10... If the hood and side panels are one piece and it hinges up, it's a B-1. If you have to remove 4 thumbscrews (or bolts) to remove only the top pieced, it's an early B-10. This is the B-1: [img]http://www.simpletractors.com/images/b-1/3_pto_sm.jpg[/img]

Good catch, Greg! Hmmm... maybe 50001 identifies the beginning of the late B-10s... You'd think I'd know more, since I own two Big Tens (one's a parts tractor), but I don't remember the serial numbers... Well then a Model 243431 engine will identify if it's a Big Ten...