Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

60" Deck Spindle Replacement.........

MrBrowner

Has any body done a 60" deck center spindle replacement? I need everything. I'd like to talk to someone who has done it lately, I need to talk to you. Looks mighty expensive. Send me your phone number. I'd like to know what it ended up costing. Do these arbor assembly's come with anything or is that all you get. Bearings,seals, seal cups, etc. are all separately priced? :( :( Thanks...

All we see is a 60 inch mower deck with no mfg numbers so we might see what you have. You can go here: http://www.simpletractors.com/Main/what_fits.htm ,to see if any numbers might be of the one you have. If you have one one that matches you can go here and type in the number and download some manuals free of charge. http://www.simplicitytechpubs.com/techpubsearch.php When you say everything is shot, I assume you can't spin the shaft or you have already taken it apart. If you have to piece meal it, things get pricey. You might be better off getting a whole new arbor ass'y. Might go for a couple hundred bucks, might not, my guess is the former.

60" mower deck Part# 172577 ARBOR ASSY, Side MSRP $104.88 (2) required. 60" mower deck Part# 172576 ARBOR ASSY, Drive Center MSRP $110.89 Part# 103270 ARBOR & TUBE ASM MSRP $248.17 Part# 172592 TUBE SUB ASSY, Arbor

I talked to the simplicity plant about getting everything, 172576,172596,and bearings,seals,seal cups everything. he gave me this number that contains everthing 103270 $223.35 at Jack's small engine parts. About two weeks ago I think one of those went for about $125.00 on E-bay. (Oh Well)

This is all you should need to repair them if the shafts are good. Part# 172596 TUBE ASSY, Arbor Drive MSRP $145.01 3 required.

This is what is in Part# 172596 #20 in above diagram

Center spindle and shaft are bad, they're both worn , I need both. 172576,172596. So I called the factory to find out if there was a whole set up instead of piece mealin it, he said yes and gave me that number 103270 he said that's everything. So I assume that's bearings, spacers, seals, seal cups, thrust washer, spring, everthing to just bolt it back on for $224.00. My parts book didn't have any information, like the number he gave me in it. Maynard my book doesn't have any number 172592, you must have access to up to date info.

172592 is the old number 172596 is the suppersission/new number I posted the new number 172596 in the above post. The screen shot shows the old part number I could not show both at the same time to ger a screen shot of both.