Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Gathering of the Orange

rokon2813

I know some of us dont always check the events and gatherings forum on a regular basis. Please check the post http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=30372 The gentleman I talked to on the phone was very excited about getting us involved, Kent, Sam, and Maynard, as well as all the other officers, I'd like your input here. I need to know how many members want to bring a tractor or several. :D:D

Dan, If I can work it out, I'll probably bring my 61 Wards. If not that one then I'll bring my AC712S that I built from parts of 6 different tractors.

Rod, bring the 712. Even though it was made by the same people, they are kinda fussy. If it doesnt Say Simplicity or Allis on it, they dont want me to bring them. Though personally I'd rather see the Wards myself. ;)

When this went around last year I said he should have our show with the bigger ones becuase the infrastructure (insurance) is already there. I will attend on Friday

Told my son that I could paint the Wards "Orange" and not have any logos on it. He didn't like that idea. He's pretty upset that I can't bring his machine to the show. Both boys said that If I was going to take one, I should take the "Baddest one of the Bunch", rather than the wimpy orange tractor.

This particular "meet" is a little too far away for me, but I found out that there will be another "Gathering of the Orange" happening only 2 hours from where I live. For any of you living in the North central states. ND SD Minn. etc. you may want to consider this in your plans for the Summer. http://www.gatheringoftheorangemanitoba.com/index.html If anyone would be interested...feel free to send me a pm Gord

Please feel free to visit the site I have created to pre-register any tractors you plan to bring. It will help us with organizing the feature tractor area. [url][/url]www.racesinc.com/gathering2004 Hope to see you there. John